Welcome to my Sharps 'n' Dulls, the place for me to share my witty and not so witty humour, about my life around the university of eastern funland, games and comics as well as my projects in cosplay and props.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Random fun with modelling clay: Vocaloid Hatsune Miku


Popipo (Vegetable Juice) by Miku Hatsune

I hadn't played with modelling clay in such a long time that I just felt compelled to buy some when I saw some in the crafting store I was browsing for the Halloween-themed Housewarming party I held with my roommate. The party was great but I ended up misplacing the clays before the party so I never managed to make anything out of them then^^' But yesterday I finally sort of found them (I moved a box and saw what an idiot I had been for not noticing sooner), right where I had left them... After that I instantly had to start making something, but I didn't have a clue of what I should make. My roommate came to my rescue with her idea of making Miku from the song Popipo... Insane ideas are the best sometimes so I started molding different clays^^ (originally I had planned on making something simple, like a Pokémon or something, but this was just as fun) There's not much to tell about the making-of-progress as most people can make something resembling something else out of clay, like I did! I didn't even attempt on making it big or well detailed, and I was finished in 30 mins or so. Most of the time was spent on wiping my hands clean of the previous coloured clay. You wouldn't want your white clay turning into a gray one just because you just handled black clay, do you?

Right after finishing.

 Found a nice place for it in my bookshelf.

It was really difficult to get a good close-up.

And it should be noted, Miku stands 7cm or almost 3 inches from the ground/shelf XD I'm thinking of making more tiny little thingies in the future^^

No comments:

Post a Comment